• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad batch of G.Skill F2-8000PHU2-2GBHZ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sremick

Registered
I own a matched pair of 1GB DIMMs, G.Skill part# F2-8000PHU2-2GBHZ. Not long ago it went bad and I got an RMA to replace it. Now, after several weeks of running fine, I'm getting memory failures again.

I'm trying to figure out what could be going wrong. Has anyone heard of any bad batches from G.Skill?

I am not overclocking this memory... it's rated for 1000Mhz and I'm only running it at 850MHz (425MHz FSB). The timings I'm using are the ones supplied to me by G.Skill (4-4-4-5-4-42-7-11-8-13-AUTO). And the memory is listed as wanting 2.2-2.3 volts... I have my motherboard set to use 2.25V for the memory, which the MB utility shows as supplying 2.20V after droop it seems.

I can't imagine my motherboard is frying RAM... anyone seen that before? It's an Asus P5B Deluxe.

Any suggestions?

Try running memtest with just 1 stick in at a time? 1 of the sticks may be bad...as for why they are going bad, no idea. Bad luck?

Doesn't matter if only 1 stick is bad, they are sold by G.Skill as a matched pair and need to be returned as such. My question revolved around whether there was a known problem with this memory or if there was something else going on with my system.

Mine died too. A lot of people are having HZ's die on them. Check the D9 thread in this section.

Back