• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about ram support for Asus p5ld2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steeven_steeven

Hey I have a Asus P5LD2 and was looking at buying some more ram.

It calls for DDR2 667/533/400mhz. I was mainly wandering if I can put DDR2 800mhz ram in?

My current specs are in my signature.

you should be fine with ddr2 6400.just make sure you have proper voltage adjustments to accomodate the new modules.ie if the new stuff needs 2.2v make sure your mb will allow it.

I bought the ones in the link above. But they don't work.

If I put them in single channel then they work but windows crashes.

I got them to work in channel B dual channel. But once I started setting the timing it stopped working and I can't get them to work back even with the defualt settings.

It also works when I have my old ram in but I don't want to have them together because the new one has better timing.

What to do?

Last edited:
what i would try is to put one of your old modules in.set up your speed,timings and voltage for the new modules.then save exit the bios.let it reboot to save your settings.then shut down and try the new modules.you may also need to update your bios if there is one available for your mb.
as for sli it is just a marketing gimmick tbh.it wont have any effect on the way your mb treats the memory.
also keep in mind that you will likely have to run those underclocked to 667 rather than 800mhz to start.

Okay I tried what you said and I updated the bios and I know that I am running them underclocked. And it still doesn't work.

Should I return them and get something else?

The ram I got is rated 4-4-4-12-2T

In the bios I set it like this
DRAM CAS# Latency 4clocks
DRAM RAS# Precharge 4clocks
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 4clocks
DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge Delay 12clocks
DRAM Write Recovery Time 2clocks (This one I'm not sure if that's what I'm supose to set it at. My options are 2,3,4,5,6 clocks.)

Is this all right?

that looks good,im glad you were able to get those corsairs to run :) apparently the ocz just arent compatable for some reason.

Yeah I adjusted the voltage to specification of the ram and it still didn't work.

I think I tried just about everything with those OCZ's and I guess they are not compatible.

Can someone please answer my question a 2 posts up?

Back