• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got luck on my side

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumsquad

So I come back from san francisco today, and I try turning on my speakers and realize it doesn't light up. So i think, may b my dad unplugged it from the surge protector. So I check and I notice that the whole surge is powered off and my PUMP IS CONNECTED!!!! :eek:

I was freaking out, but then I touched the pump and it was off for sure. So I was like crap, hows it still running? I check the temps and its idling w/ a couple torrent downloads at 36C. Not bad. I've read a lot of horror stories on this forum, so I expected the tubing to melt off the barbs and leave my comp like a vegetable, especially having it turned off for more than 4 hours. Its a good thing I undervolted my opt146 to 1.31v from 1.4 stock.

MUAHAHAHAHHAHA ITS ALIVE!!!!

Moral of the story: If you have a non 12v pump, b sure to remind ur roomates, or parents not to fiddle w/ the surge protector.

I had my AUX loop pump in my rig fail before I finally ripped it out and I managed to limp along for a few months running 100% passive on that loop. It mainly cooled the northbridge, mosfets, and a few other random non critical things, but I had a temperature probe on the northbridge. It would spike around 70c, and then the temperature would start dropping (rapidly at that) as the coolant started to move. Only prob;em was I was leaking coolent BAD (failed oring, lead to pump death, ect) but didnt have time to tear into it and replace every thing, so I would have to top the coolent off and bleed the thing by just tilting the computer... I've literally had boiling coolent in my loop when the water ran low on the nortbridge....

You ran without any pump flow? wow... :eek:

If I turn off my pump, within seconds temps start to sky rocket until either thermal protection kicks in or I shut down.

Back