• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping on newegg....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tibdrvr12020

I want to do a new watercooling system in my rig. well I want to do all my shopping on newegg so what would you guys reccomend from there? oh I want to watercool my processor and my 8800gts

Last edited:
See here

Slim pickings but you can make a good system from the parts there or pick up the MCR120 kit. personally I'd rather have a 120.2 radiator though.

Last edited:
I would recommend taking a look at either SVC, Petras, Jab-tech, or DangerDen for your parts. All those places have good prices, good customer service, and their shipping is cheaper then newegg's as well. I ordered parts from each of those places for my watercooling system, depending on who had the best price/cheapest shipping on each part. Also, they have a much better selection of parts to chose from.

I can vouch for Perforamce PC's... I've often times places an order 20 minutes before they close and they still ship it out same day (as long as there are no problems with the order). Sometimes there prices are higher then other places though....

Jab-tech is also pretty good, and cheep. Not as fast of shipping though, they normally ship next day and it takes longer as they are farther away from me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108082 pump
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108080 water block
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108098 rad

And then after you realize you over paid by 30 $ for those parts alone, getting it at newegg seems like a really not so great idea. Those part would give you the best possible system from that shop.

Actually, instead of the original Apogee, I'd go with the Apogee GTX...here's what I'd do if I HAD to stick with newegg:

Swiftech Apogee GTX CPU Block - Retail
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump Liquid Cooling System - Retail
Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power radiator - Retail

But as the others have said, you can get this stuff ALOT cheaper elsewhere. I'd definitely consider doing so.

they dont have a res there. i think i might use the swiftech 220 kit as a base. do you think this would work in my antec p160 case or should i get the 900

they dont have a res there. i think i might use the swiftech 220 kit as a base. do you think this would work in my antec p160 case or should i get the 900

You don't need a res, just use a TLine.

Oh and I just re-read your first post and saw that you wanted to cool your 8800GTS as well...you'll need this:

Swiftech MCW60-R VGA Waterblock Retail Version (Blister pack) - Retail
Swiftech MCW8800 M21: black anodized aluminum M14: Forged C110 copper Heatsinks only - Retail

But if you have to have a res, the Swiftech 220 kit isn't too bad.

Did we mention you'd be much better off getting this stuff elsewhere? :beer:

I am not familiar with the 160 but there is room to do it with the 900. If you use a radbox and remove the bottom HD cage there should be enough room for a pump and micro res. At least thats my plan. Since you have not bought a case yet there are other cases that lend themselves to water cooling much better. The 900 has great air flow but not much room for water components or anyhing else for that matter. And dont get me started on the wire managemt, or lack there of.

The Antec 900 is an alright case for the Swiftech MCR220 kit. When I set it up, I stuck the resevoir inside the top HDD cage, the pump was placed on the floor of the case, and the 120.2 radiator I mounted up top. Not sure about P160 though.

Back