• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Premium newer bios than on Asus site

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Is there a newer bios than the on on asus's site? I read a post where the number was higher than what I had which was the newest on their site. Trying to get stable at 3.6 on air which is proving difficult with a quad.

I also read someone had 0503, I only have 0404, which is on Asoose's website. Anyone?

Premium and Deluxe have different BIOS's. The last stable BIOS for the Premium is 0204, and the Beta is at 0302...I think. The last stable BIOS for the Deluxe is 0404, and Beta is 0503...I think. You can get someone on the Asus forum to send you the Beta BIOS if you want. I've already gotten someone to send me the Premium 0302 BIOS, but since I don't have the deluxe I haven't tried to get it.

Nandro, I just forwarded the 0302 BIOS to your hotmail account.

I haven't tried the beta BIOS yet, but I wouldn't expect it to solve all your problems.

Thank you, much appreciated. This cpu seems to have a very high clock ability, what I am having issues with is cooling. Even with an Ultra 120 with a fan that moves so much air I have to bolt the case to the ground it still gets well up into the 70's under load at 3.6 I have lowered it to 3.4 and am thinking of going lower till I can figure out if my old water setup would be good enough. What I have is one of those silent towers, but I have it running through a radiator with 2 120MM fans, and the big blue cpu water block that came with it. It's in my driveway now running to test for leaks. I am just not sure that that setup will be able to remove that much heat. I last used it on an old A2500+ Mobile on an NF7-S where it was great. What is everyone else using to cool these heat beasts?

Well, under load, temps into the 70s at a 3.6ghz OC on a Q6600 isn't desired, but isn't exactly out of the question. You have a high OC on a hot running chip. Not much you can do really. I know nothing about that water rig though, but the Thermalright Ultra 120 Ex rivals most all low end water cooling systems AFAIK.

What are your ambients? If it warms up your room alot causing ambients to significantly increase, that would explain it. Ambients play a large role in cooling. During the summer my PC was 10C warmer that it is right now, in the Midwest, USA.

Thank you, much appreciated. This cpu seems to have a very high clock ability, what I am having issues with is cooling. Even with an Ultra 120 with a fan that moves so much air I have to bolt the case to the ground it still gets well up into the 70's under load at 3.6 I have lowered it to 3.4 and am thinking of going lower till I can figure out if my old water setup would be good enough. What I have is one of those silent towers, but I have it running through a radiator with 2 120MM fans, and the big blue cpu water block that came with it. It's in my driveway now running to test for leaks. I am just not sure that that setup will be able to remove that much heat. I last used it on an old A2500+ Mobile on an NF7-S where it was great. What is everyone else using to cool these heat beasts?

Have you tried Bing's UVOC experiment to ensure you have a good mount? What are your ambients?

I have the U-120-X and a 115CFM Panaflo. My hottest core runs 71 to 72 depending on the time of day, and my thermostat is set for 76*F. In the afternoon, though, the sun gets this room a little warmer. If the PC has been running a while that doesn't help either. I wouldn't be afraid of the temps in the 70's at all. Even 80's should be fine. They'll never get that hot under normal usage anyway.

I just installed my modified reserater water cooling setup. I have the reserator going into a sportbike transmission radiator with 2 120mm high speed fans. The idle temp is 27C and load is between 55 and 58C doing prime95 with 4 itterations. I havent updated to the latest bios yet, and I am not really sure what most of the settings do. If anyone has a guide to what i should be doing that would be great. I had it booted into windows at 4ghz and semi stable at 3.82, but I have backed it down to 3.6 to be 100% untill I find the right combination to set it higher. For everyone using air cooling, dont expect to get much more than 3.2 to 3.4 depending on ambiant. It will run higher, but if you load it for a couple hours it will eventually fail. At 3.82 I was psyched, i got my record at superPi at 13.142 sec.

Anyhow I guess what my question now is will I benefit from the beta bios?

My e6750 runs great at 3.3, I seem to be orthos stable at 3.5, and 3D06 shows a cpu score increase, but my graphics score drops by 75% !!!

For everyone using air cooling, dont expect to get much more than 3.2 to 3.4 depending on ambiant. It will run higher, but if you load it for a couple hours it will eventually fail.

I have no problems running 3.6 on air, and a lot of folks on here are doing the same. I can probably get 3.7 if I was willing to pump in more volts. I don't have the Q6600, but the x3210 is basically the same. I have to run a lower multi which should generate even more heat from other components, and it's stable all night.

There are always odd cases, and I expect yours is not the norm. I say we run a poll and see what people are getting stable on air. It will be more definitive and probably prove me wrong :)

I too have seen a few others at around 3.6 on air. Mine went 13+hrs on 4xprime then failed, and the highest temp of the hottest core was 70 degrees, so I is a happy chappy.

OT... Deanzo has my two Q6600 chips atm and the one I have been using got up to 4.543 in a sub-zero run!

My e6750 runs great at 3.3, I seem to be orthos stable at 3.5, and 3D06 shows a cpu score increase, but my graphics score drops by 75% !!!

Use cpuz to check your pci-express link width on the main board tab. Make sure it doesn't drop to 1x. That would decrease your graphics score.

Back