• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Can't get new Asrock 4Coredual-sata2 to boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I am installing a new mb. Not my first for sure. I think I have everything plugged in, memory in the right slots, XP90 HS over the CPU w/As3. All the drives are in, etc.

When I power up,all I see on my screen is a description of my video card X1650 Rialto xxxxx BIOS. It doesn't beep, doesn't accept F2 to go into BIOS.
What's up? Power supply, Antec TrueControl 550, putting out good volts.
Is the board shorting out, I installed over standoffs?
Any BTDT?

Thanks,
Al

Um... It's hanging on the CPU or hard drives or something. Reseat the cpu check all fan wires ect. Boot with only RAM,vid card,Hard drive and CPU. See how far it gets like that. Good luck.

I've tried all of the above. Reseated CPU, checked PSU voltages, all good. Double checked 20 pin and 4 pin pwr supply cable, all in tight and aligned properly. Also had extra voltage connection for the video card. Rma-ing board. I don't think it would be the CPU E4400 or new Mushkin mem. I even pulled the mb from the case and tried it with all the above attached, nothing. First time in 20 years I have failed to get a board to boot. Oh well.
Thanks for the reply.

Al

Yeah, got RMA from Newegg, heading to the PO.

I am not used to this 775 socket, the pins are on the bottom. Are they difficult to position? What about HS pressure? I know i lined the slots up correctly, but...

Al

Back