• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte DS3L Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carob99

Gigabyte DS3L won't shut down, Please help

Just RMA'd board but wanted to ask about a comment I received.

My problem:

Motherboard is experiencing power issues and will not shutdown. Have performed extensive troubleshooting, removing all add-on cards, removing extra HDs, researched OS options, XP install options, removed and changed case front panel wires (power LED, power switch, HDD, etc) installed fresh OS. Turned off all Wake-On features. Swapped out power supplies. Board continues to restart after shutdown.

I did not update BIOS (Had F3) or play with voltages

Only way to get it to completely shut down is to use the power button, otherwise it ALWAYS restarts.

I received this comment in a different forum:

Gigabyte's constantly restart like that because of an auto feature where it is trying different settings on every boot. If you can get into the BIOS then make sure RAM voltage is enough. Sounds like RAM to me If you are using 2v+ RAM then it may be trying all the increments of RAM voltage from a default of 1.8v that would be quite a few restarts.

I am using Corsair XMS DDR2 - 800 6400 RAM which I believe is rated to 2.1v.

Can anyone confirm this or add to the advice? Also can I just modify the RAM voltage and not have to modify the CPU voltage. I'm not looking to overclock just trying to get rid of the no shutdown issue in case the new board does the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
GA-P35-DS3L
e6750
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2-800 6400
BFG 7950GT
Corsair 450VX PSU

Last edited:
Back