• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C2Q overclocking on BX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ-Spidey

Hi guys!

I'm looking for bios settings or a guide to help me overclock a Q6600 on
a Bad Axe 2.

Can anyone help?

Google it...theres gotta be a million reviews online by now and most have an attempt made to OC.

XBX2 Review Xtreme systems

Their you go. If you just purchased the MB return it now. Your best bet for a quad will be a P35 chipset board. You will get a lot more out of that processor. I have a E6600 on a XBX2 and love it. @ 3.3 ghz it's very fast. Not the best OC but it's the CPU. Bad luck for me. Anyways whatever you do best of luck.

XBX2 Review Xtreme systems

Their you go. If you just purchased the MB return it now. Your best bet for a quad will be a P35 chipset board. You will get a lot more out of that processor. I have a E6600 on a XBX2 and love it. @ 3.3 ghz it's very fast. Not the best OC but it's the CPU. Bad luck for me. Anyways whatever you do best of luck.

Thanks Maglin. I was actually just there and got most what I needed.

I had the board for a while now. Ran a Pentium D on it until the relatively recent Intel price cut.

I read great things about the P35 boards and was about to get a Blitz Formula when they suddenly vanished. I still plan to get a new board but in the meantime I wanted to see what my BX2 could do for me.

I have the latest bios and so far it's not cooperating. I'll post more details tomorrow.

Back