• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cooling the NB with water isn't really that important. In most cases a simple fan will do the trick just as well as water would. You could go with a triple rad to cool your CPU and GPU. It would even be enough for a 2nd GPU.

the problem is that i have the zalman reserator already, and a full kit using a Black Ice Stealth GT 240 Dual 120mm Radiator, so i had the zalman cooling my cpu and mosfets and the black ice my GPU, NB, and SB. So i want to order another kit (just for my processor because the temo with the zalman were high). but i dont have space inside my computer thats why i mentioned the GT TMG2. So at the end i wanted to be like:
Zalman ---> mosfets ans SB
Black Ice - > Processor
Gt TMG2 --> GPU and NB

what should i do????

Keep the zalman if you wish. And get a 3x120MM rad and junk the other 2 rads.

(Make it one loop)

and then do zalman ---> NB, SB and mosftets, and the triple 120mm radiator with gpu and cpu??? will that be better than a dual 120mm just for my cpu??

and how about if i leave my system like this:
Zalman ---> (SB, Mosfets)
Black Ice Stealth GT 240 ----> (GPU and NB)
BLACK ICE GTX480 EXTREME ----> (CPU with the thermaltake Aquabay M1)

what should i do??? money is not a problem thanks

Last edited:
I would try to avoid using thermaltake water cooling products, as they're usually low quality

and how about if i leave my system like this:
Zalman ---> (SB, Mosfets)
Black Ice Stealth GT 240 ----> (GPU and NB)
BLACK ICE GTX480 EXTREME ----> (CPU with the thermaltake Aquabay M1)

what should i do??? money is not a problem thanks

any suggestions???

Drop the Aquabay. Use a T-line or a Swiftech MCRES instead.

I'd get the Thermochill PA 120.3 over the black ice. It runs much better with quieter fans and takes up 120mm less space.

I would put the big radiator on the GPU/NB loop and stick the dual radiator on the CPU loop. An overclocked 8800gts + NB puts out more heat than a ~10-15% overclocked AM2 chip.

I got a question whats better the Black Ice Pro or a A heater core? I just got a black Ice Pro and it looks so small compared to my Heater core.I cant imagine the Black Ice getting better temps.Im probably gonna just add the BIP to my loop..But if i were to just run one which would be better? remember im a total watercooling NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Oh yeah and im only cooling my CPU atm.NB and video will be added soon though.

I got a question whats better the Black Ice Pro or a A heater core? I just got a black Ice Pro and it looks so small compared to my Heater core.I cant imagine the Black Ice getting better temps.Im probably gonna just add the BIP to my loop..But if i were to just run one which would be better? remember im a total watercooling NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Oh yeah and im only cooling my CPU atm.NB and video will be added soon though.

with the pro you can get good temps with a lower cfm fan with the heater core do to the rad's thickness your going to need a fan with a higher cfm/pressure than with a bip. its a matter of what about 2-4c, for a difference of low noise vs cheap heater core with loud fans.

Thanks.So your saying the BIP is the best choice to run if i only use the 1 rad

im saying bip is the best choice if you want good cooling with low noise. if you on the cheap though, nothing wrong with the heater core.

if your just cooling the cpu go with a bip or bip2.

The BIP sure looks better.So i think ill pull the heater core and put the BIP in.Thanks ES. Oh yeah I have both so its not a matter of cheap..lol.I have two complete watercooling system but only one PC worth watercooling

system 1) Heatercore / MCP600 /775 TDK / swiftech mini res
system 2 ) D5 / BIP / Swiftech Apogee.

Im about to change a few things around though

Last edited:
Back