• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uGuru, not displaying properly in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

Hiyas. I have the following stuff:
AW9D-MAX ver 1.0 mb
E6600 chip, minor (3.0) OC using uGuru in bios
6800 GT video
2 gig OCZ memory
XP SP 2
BIOS 1.5
Latest uGuru 3.xxxxxx

Problem.
Cannot get Uguru in windows to work. All fields are blank.
Speedfan only finds only my CPU, HD, and both core temps. Doesn't find any clock info, temps etc.
CPU-Z (latest ver.) misreports my OC settings, but seems to show proper settings in clocks every once and a while.
Device manager shows UGuru okay. But before it was showing driver was borked with ! on device. Now it shows good.

I have tried removing the drivers, goes through removal but stays in list after says they are removed. Reinstall them and it comes up with a non-fresh install, options to modify, repair etc. So when I got the board, the drivers on the CD must of been borked and some crap is buried in my registry etc. and I can't get a clean install. I DLed the latest uGuru and uGuru still shows completely blank. I did use RegEdit to clear out everything I could except 2 files that must be hooked etc. Reinstalled, still not a full clean install, and uGuru still blank.

I heard with different boards you need different versions of uGuru.

So... I want to use windows uGuru to monitor fans and temp, not to OC, I'll OC in Bios.
How do I get it to work? Thanks in advance for any help folks.

Back