• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

attaching fan to rad???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Okay maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to understand how you're supposed to screw the fans into the rads... I have a ThermoChill PA120.2 and 2 Antec Tricools... you can't screw them straight in because the other side of the fan casing blocks your screw driver. So, unless you have a tiny miniature screwdriver that fits between the 2 sides of a fan, I dunno what to do!!

I apologize for my stupidity...

Heh, I use to wonder the same thing before I began water cooling. You just have to get a longer screw that goes through the fan and into the radiator. Make sure the screw isn't too long or else it will puncture the radiator fins possibly resulting in a leak.

Here are some screws for your Thermochill:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/1ststthfansc.html

If you have a home improvement store they're just #6 x 1 1/4 long sheet metal screws, assuming you're using a standard 1" thick fan.

Or if you have a threaded rad you can use M3 or M4 screws (usually the latter I think) and not damage the threads ;). Thats what I generally do with Black Ice, Primochill, and other radiators. On my heater core of course, I use long 6-32 screws.

My advice was specific to the OP who has a thermochill, I think I used M6s in my BIX III, but i could be wrong

Back