• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermochill vs Swiftech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
Is the Thermochill PA 120.3 better than the Swiftech MCR320-QP if the answer is yes where in usa can i buy the Thermochill? thanks :santa::santa:

Yes...

Worldwide retailers List

Also ebay and some forum classifieds will have them used occasionally :)

Also I have read/been told here that the swiftech is a very good radiator and that the 3x120 MCR is about equal to the 2x120 thermochill :)

To me its not worth the price differnce either, I would go with the swiftech. I run my PC to their limit cuz I am too cheap to buy the best things out there. I will not set any records, but I build great budget gaming systems :)

It's not quite $100 difference. I got my PA 120.3 for $134 and most of the time I see the MCR320 going for around $56. :) The PA series is best of the best if you plan on using low CFM fans for ultra quiet. If not get the MCR320 it is also a great Rad.

lol, you may as well combine the two with that radiator. If you insist on separate loops, the PA120.3 should definitely go in the CPU loop.

It's simpler than having two loops and with a radiator that large, I doubt any of the temps will be hurt... but if you are happy with two loops then go ahead. Technically speaking the two loops will offer better performance, and you already have the parts.

Also I don't use LED fans. They have a reputation for being lower quality and dying sooner than deltas, Sanyos, and other quality fans. That said, whatever LED fan fits your needs. I believe on Thermochill's website they list the recommended level of airflow. Use that as a basis for your decision.

only place i have seen the thermos at in stock is at microcenter, i was at my local one in Chicago and they had one! 30$ price premium for it though

The MCR's give the best bang-for-the-buck, are easier to mount due to their smaller thickness, and are much easier to come by. I'd highly recommend going that route, the PA's are nice if you can afford them and find them, but the MCR's are close enough in performance for me :)

Unless you can find an older DDC-2 (not the 3.2 or whatever), the D5 is a much more 'sturdy' pump that operates at the same performance level as the new DDC's ;)

Section that Swiftech MCP655 is 1/2", and i think the radiator is 3/8 i can buy a adapter to make it 1/2 but what will be better 1/2 or 3/8??

Last edited:
Section that Swiftech MCP655 is 1/2", and i think the radiator is 3/8 i can buy a adapter to make it 1/2 but what will be better 1/2 or 3/8??
The radiators threads are 3/8" but you can fit whatever kind of fittings you want, ie. 1/2" or 3/8" barbs.

Also, most MCR320s have G1/4" threads now, but most sites havent updated their specs.

Better to use the bigger diameter tubing which is 1/2"

3/8" is more suited to when you've got a small case and limited in terms of space.

You can also use 7/16" ID tubing on 1/2" barbs, it's slightly smaller than 1/2" so gives a tight fit over the barbs. Some people who use 7/16" tubing dont bother with clamps at all, or just use zip ties.

Back