• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new board looking for help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap05

So I've had my 965P-DS3 for many months now and I've about had it with it. I can't get any higher than 2.7GHz I want to try a better board and see if this chip has more in it. I want to order something tomorrow so what do you recommend and why? All other hardware in sig.

I don't require anything specific. I was thinking P35 or 680i

unless your running sli/planning on running sli, don't get 680i, the con's outweigh the pro's by far.

Go for P35. As suggested before, IP35 series or Gigabyte P35 series's are recommended.

Good luck picking one out, it all depends on what your looking to spend and how many extra goodies you want.

What are the cons of the 680i over the P35 explain further if you could?

I was thinking either the IP35 or some flavor of the Asus P5K

I currently have a 680i and cant get it to post. one of the many cases of bad 680i's.
Ya I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and when it came mine wouldn't post either. F7 for the loss.
I think once I get it working, it will be a good board though. If the replacement board ever gets here......
I was wondering though what is the major drawback to the 680i, just the bad boards?

Back