• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest build pics ..::Red Threat::.. Lots o Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

img1119ur4.jpg

img1116cropgw8.jpg

img1115gz7.jpg

img1114xd9.jpg

img1108nk3.jpg

img1104qe5.jpg

img1107zs5.jpg

img1101sf5.jpg

img0965rx1.jpg

img0930zy1.jpg

This is my new dual loop monster. I am cooling the Q6600 with the MCR 320 QP and cooling the 8800 Ultra, NB and south bridge with the BIX2. I will be posting clock and temp screen shots within the next day or so.

Last edited:
Was going to ask the same thing. You need the DFI red blood iron mobo.

Are you running two independent loops? Or two rads in one loop? And the micro res looks a little low with the tubing going above it.

--pak

Yet another SLI MB with only 1 GPU...

Did you glue the raptor to the window?

no if you look at all the pics you can see that the side cover is off and it is mounted to the inside of the case.

PAK, the micro res is a little low but thats what I had to work with. It took a little extra time to bleed out but all in all it works well.
If you read my sig I have to loops run off of two DDC-2 pumps. I also explain it under the pics.

Also I have run this MB with 2 8800gts 640's for the last 6 months in sli so it was well worth it. Furthermore I will be adding another 8800 ultra just as soon as the budget allows. I also have another rapter X that I have mount atop the other one so they will both be in the window.

Very nice! And I like the HDD in the window - two will look even better. :)

I am surprised you didn't put "military" switches on it, though (the ones w/the flip-up covers) ...

I hope the pumps are not on those switches. What if someone shut it off without knowing?

Incredible! I really like that switch panel you have. Reminds me of a bracket car. About all those need are the red arming covers.

Looks great and you are the first person I have ever seen that has shown off there $180 dollar Raptor X. I always thought why do people spend the extra cash then stuff them in drive bays... :( Looks great what you did.. very cool.. Nice work.

did you use one of the bays as a reservoir? do u have a link to buy those? And also, why do you have 2 Radiators.

NIC SETUP!

Love the red theme. :thup: It's also very cool how you got it to match so well with the PSU. I never thought that copper unit could look so good in a rig.

Love the red theme. :thup: It's also very cool how you got it to match so well with the PSU. I never thought that copper unit could look so good in a rig.

+1. The red grills look really awesome, I want some. :p

thanx guys.
did you use one of the bays as a reservoir? do u have a link to buy those? And also, why do you have 2 Radiators.
I used a Danger Den bay reservoir you can get them from dangerden.com.
I have two cooling loops within that system. One loop (triple rad) cools the CPU, the other loop (double rad) cools the GPU, north and south bridge. Hope that answers you question.

Couldn't you use the triple to cool the GPU?

yes I thought about it but I really wanted to get the best possible temps out of that triple as I could. By adding the GPU to that loop I would have added more the 5-7c min. So I decided that I would put the extra pump and BIXII to good use and make a second loop for the GPU/NB/SB

Back