• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 680i A1 owners, need help with OC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

projectrps13

Registered
Hi all, I just swapped MB's from my trusty ol 975x over to the evga 680i A1. I had my G0 Q6600 running stable @ 2.8Ghz 1.25V on the 975x, but my OC was limited by the MB. With the new MB I cant seem to achieve 3.2Ghz stability for very long. I can run 3Dmark, but running Orthos it locks up at just over an hour. I've been playing with CPU core voltage and RAM timings, but to no avail. It actually becomes more unstable at higher voltages. Right now I've got 3.2Ghz with 1.3125V in bios, minimal vdroop (vdroop mod) and Ram timings at 4-4-4-15-1T with 2.2V. I've tried loose Ram timings but the results are the same. Here are my settings if anyone could lend some insight.

CPU - 3.2Ghz (355x9) @ 1.3125V
RAM - OCZ Reaper DDR2-800 4-4-4-15-1T @ 2.2V
FSB - 1.4V
SPP - 1.4V
MCP - 1.5V
HT MCP SPP - 1.2V

Do not have mine yet, but do the vdroop mod. It is listed in the general mb forum for that board. It will give you a more stable system, and only requires a pencil.

Do not have mine yet, but do the vdroop mod. It is listed in the general mb forum for that board. It will give you a more stable system, and only requires a pencil.

I've done the vdroop mod, actually completed before I even put the MB in. Also, replaced the TIM on the Mosfet heatsinks. NB heatsink replaced with Thermalright HR-05 and 80mm fan. SB replaced with Evercool VC-RE. Arctic silver ceramique used on NB, SB, and Mosfets.

mine doesnt like the quad either. a p35 is in your future if youve got some bling kickin around.

I was actually able to get my system stable. It just took some playing with the voltages.

CPU - 1.30V
RAM - 2.2 V
FSB - 1.4V
SPP - 1.55V
HT - 1.55V
MCP - 1.6V

And bam.. it's running great. Thanks for the input everyone.

was going to say, qith a quad your gong to need to up the voltage more than normal. At 3.6ghz, I am at 1.47vcore (on water) and have tried at 1.52 to get higher stable clocks. The q6600's are power hungry.

Crap, just when I thought I had it stable, I have sometime weird happening 5-10 mins into a divx/xvid movie. Screen flickers to a black screen then sometimes comes back, but last night it stayed black (like a loss of video signal) and I had to power cycle. Weird thing is, it only does it on divx/xvid movies, otherwise it's perfectly stable. Any ideas anyone?

Back