• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICH9R and boot issues - ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Golferdude

Registered
Here is my system I just built:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R rev 1, F6 bios drivers
Intel C2D Q6600
Ultra 120 Extreme with Scythe S-Flex fan
Crucial Ballistic 4 x 1GB 800 mhz
PNY Quadro FX1500 Video Card
1 - WD 150 GB Raptor
1 - WD 74 GB Raptor
3 - Samsung 500 GB
Windows XP 64
Corsair 620 W PSU
Antec 180B Case

Settings are set at the "fail safe" mode.

What I am wanting to do is to have the WD 150 as my boot drive and load all of the programs on. Then have the WD 74 as my scratch disk. Then have the 3 Samsung drives set up as a Raid 5 system for my data.

When I enable the Raid in the bios and the system reboots, it starts windows, then throws a black screen, and very very quickly a blue screen then reboots again and again and again....

I have posted a question at Gigabyte but no reponse yet. I have seen several threads on this but not sure I have seen a for sure solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Jimmy

You need to install your RAID drivers without RAID enabled. :D

When this happened to me the only fix was to re-install the OS with the controller set to RAID mode. I had originally installed in IDE mode--I even installed the drivers and then switched to RAID but it would still blue screen on start-up.

Well I reinstalled Windows along with the Raid drivers but the raid was disabled. Then I went in and enabled Raid and created a volume. And it did the same thing...blue screen quickly reboot...

So I will try it again but enable the raid before I install the OS...stay tune.

1. Enable RAID in BIOS
2. Set up RAID5 in RAID BIOS (using cntrl-I)...You may be able to do this later since you are booting from a different drive.
3. Install Windows making sure to press F6 during install, and loading the drivers.

Back