• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K-E and sound issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOner

Registered
Hi
I founded too this annoying integrated soundcard property. When im playing games especially Supreme Commander, my sounds starts to crackle. It doesn't do it always, very random. When this problem shows up, boot helps a little time. Yesterday i watched movie and i noticed crackling sounds again. But not all the time, little crackles very random.

First i thought that my speakers are broken, but then i tested my Behringer DJ headphones on my PC and they cracked too. So problem is inside PC. I updated bios to latest beta and sound drivers to WinXP Versio 6.10.01.6260 2007/08/30. First i had CD-drivers what comes along with Mobo. Those updates didn't do anything with this prob. Then i tried to check soundmax settings that is there any switch what could do this, but there weren't.

My previous mobo was Asus A7N8X so this isn't new thing to me :). I couldn't use its integrated card at all, cause it crackled all the time and when you minimize any window or maximize, it makes little sounds. My SB 5.1 plays sounds better than A7N8X or P5K-E together. I thought that i buy X-Fi gamer edition and stop trying to fix this property :).

Check this "fun" video: http://www.elektroniikka.org/temp/p5ke/ im testing Opera, Mozilla, IE with youtube fullscreen

I also noticed that when i play youtube videos at fullscreen, crackling sounds begin again :)

Buy a new soundcard will be your best choice.I had a X-Fi on Asus P5K-E for a month and very happy.

Back