• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP-35 Pro Fan Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePredator

Simple question, what is the "safe limit" when it comes to connecting a 120mm fan with a 3 pin connector? I got a Rexus NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 6.1 W/ 0.5 A @ 2700 RPM. I connected it and I had no problems at all, but now I want to get some more (3 more actually), and I will have a total of 4 of them. Is this okay? I looked all over the user's manual for abit, I went to their site, I went to every site i could find in google, but there is no definitive answer.

In addition to 4 panaflos, I have also 3x80mm 0.28A @ 3200 RPM fans.

Here is the rest of my system.

PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750 W
CPU: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz, 1.53 vCore (actual is around 1.47 since my vID is 1.312)
RAM: Ballistix 2 x 1 GB 1003 Mhz 2.2v 5-5-5-15 (these are originally 800 MHZ, 4-4-4-12 but I OCed them)
Video Card: 8800 GTX 621/1053
HDD: Raptor X 150 GB and Seagate 320 GB SATA

Cpu fan header should be able do 2A. The other connectors I don't know, might be the same or not.

I asked this question to ABIT tech support, this is what they said:

Dear Customer,

6 watts / 12 volt MAX, indivisually rated.

If you have any questions, please let us know
Thank you

Best Regards,

Universal abit Technical Support Team
www.uabit.com

I read somewhere in this forum about some instability while OC'ing when fans were plugged to the IP35-Pro mobo, but can't recall the exact situation nor configuration.
Try doing some search about this case.

Well you are fine then :)

Each of those fans is a half amp so your good to go:)

No I'm not, each of them are half amp meaning they are 6W which is what the guy said as MAX (<--- Big letters), so I am borderline. Considering I have 6 fans on the motherboard (3 of them are those), it's very dangerous.

Back