• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

striker extreme e6750 problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ripper2020

Hello all, I'm pretty new to overclocking so I'm not even sure which information to post, but i just built a computer with asus striker extreme and c2d e6750 (2.66 @1333). I have read of many people being able to oc these quite easily beyond 3.0...however for me to run stable at 3.0 i had to up vcore voltage to 1.68! I've already posted this in cpu section but many people suggested i should ask here, because they think it may be a mobo issue. All i did was up fsb to 1500 which gave me 3.0, but i had to up the voltage to 1.68. What I want to know is...is there something obvious I'm missing. My ram is crucial ballistix 800. I tried different settings with the ram, leaving the timings on auto, lowering the frequency below 800 (unlinked to cpu) but nothing seemed to make a difference. I'm runnning bios 1305. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

could someone post what voltages they think i should be using...i don't want to over volt anything and i don't know much about that stuff. Also, could it be my pic-e is running to hot...is there a setting that controls the ratio of pci-e to fsb...or am I way off?

Back