• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on this pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I see that I shudder...not kidding.

It is thermaltake watercooling, lowest of the low ;)

That price makes it even worse.

So it is highly recommended I am guessing? I really don't like the pricing on these stupid pumps. I think it's a little rediculous.

I would stay away from that Thermaltake pump like the plague.

Pumps are expensive no matter how you look at it, and you get what you pay for. The VIA Aqua pumps are ok, but a good pump cost some money. The MCP655/D5 is a good pump. You also can go with an MCP350 from crazypc for $65.

I really don't like the pricing on these stupid pumps. I think it's a little rediculous.
I dont get this attitude. The pump is like the heart of any water system. Get a good reliable one (usually not cheap) or risk the consequences. A D5 should last you at least 5 years... that works out to be ~$15/year or so. I've seen people go cheap on the pump, then have a failure, then quit water cooling and try to sell all their H2O gear. Better in the long run to get good equipment or stay with air cooling. Me, I'd use stock intel HSF before I use anything Thermaltake.

I dont get this attitude. The pump is like the heart of any water system. Get a good reliable one (usually not cheap) or risk the consequences. A D5 should last you at least 5 years... that works out to be ~$15/year or so. I've seen people go cheap on the pump, then have a failure, then quit water cooling and try to sell all their H2O gear. Better in the long run to get good equipment or stay with air cooling. Me, I'd use stock intel HSF before I use anything Thermaltake.

Thanks for the advice. I just wasn't expecting those prices, that's all. It took my by surprise.

Yep, I got this pump for a second loop in my system:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=230&cat=23&page=1

About a month later the motherboard died from a leak from where the plastic had cracked. Closer inspection showed crack all around the casing. If I wasn't already into water cooling as much as I am, I might have dropped it altogether.

Back