• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Premium and Vista x64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick0984

Anybody tried this combo yet? Wondering how the 64bit drivers fared with the motherboard mostly. I have a need to go 64bit and I've been told Vista 64 > XP 64.

Thanks for any input.

There isnt really any need at all to run a x64 OS with 2GB RAM... you wont see any difference in performance.

What ever you do, dont use vista if you are going to overclock. Super pi doesnt work, and there are other problems everywhere.

There isnt really any need at all to run a x64 OS with 2GB RAM... you wont see any difference in performance.

What ever you do, dont use vista if you are going to overclock. Super pi doesnt work, and there are other problems everywhere.

Well, I see you read my signature, but that isn't my need for 64bit. My need for 64bit is a single consistent large data storage source.

Specifically an increasing array whenever I need in RAID 5. I've purchased a 3ware 8 port card to do the processing. However, after 3 750gb drives, the next 750gb will push me over the size limit for 32bit.

Also, Vista has nothing to do with an overclock....I don't even use SuperPi as a gage in XP. Forcing yourself to use XP just so you can overclock is silly :p, especially since they aren't related.

Running VISTA Ultimate 64 & XP 32 in dual-boot on my Premium w/o issues. Just make sure to get the latest drivers from Asus/Intel.

Oh wow, wasn't aware you could do a dual boot with different bit systems. Nifty. I'm gonna go ahead and do that then.

Been running Vista 64-bit for months now. Only recently got the board, but runs like clockwork.

Have just changed from an Ati 1900 card to an 8800. Getting odd bits and pieces happening, but from all the reading I have done, it's got nothing to do with the board and everything to do with the card.

Dual-boot is definitely an option... I', actually thinking of running XP-Pro 32-bit for all the stuff that there ain't drivers for yet, and keeping my Vista 64-bit for normal use.

BTW... I have not been disappointed in the overclocking arena, if you do decide to stretch the legs a little.

Back