• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OMG, i wet my self moment, hint sli....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=4516

so they did it for one mobo, with 4 pci-e slots, umm i want one too. :drool:

while me might not see sli on intel offically. it would be nice to see programers taking WHQL drivers and modding them. while the last set of drivers i remember reading about on XS with BigSam and his team modding where 9x.xx's. who knows if him and his team started work on the 1xx.xx's.

NV has options here, i mean they could wind up selling alot more gpu's if this move was made. At the cost of losing some chipset sales, how big is this hit thoug to NV. would taking this hit in sales really justify allowing sli on intel.

As from what i see here in the forums, nv chipsets sell more for amd then intel. while i have no problem telling someone to get a 680i for sli. when it comes to just a single card rig oced mind you p35 is a better option imo. now if we were to compare just stock the 650's give p35 a run for its money. mailny cause its memory controller is more tweaked to get more bandwidth then p35.

i dont see intel paying NV to get sli. At the same time, how loud does OUR voice have to be to get what WE want from BOTH of them?

I think that they would have to step it up on the nVidia chipset if they want to let Intel run SLi. Although, there isn't anything I don't like on my 680i ;)

I will also add that their GPU sales should go up if they do :D

tell ya what Nv needs to work on... it's DX10 SLi drivers...

then show me all this flash, when i'll actually be able to see more then a 9% gain in DX10 games...

tell ya what Nv needs to work on... it's DX10 SLi drivers...

then show me all this flash, when i'll actually be able to see more then a 9% gain in DX10 games...
drivers can only improve performance so much, that though is for the video card section.

Back