• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K hit wall @ 360??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt_Pinto

my Asus Hit a wall a 360 fsb, is this ment to happen?

I know its the mobo coz i drop the multiplier to 6 and it wont post past anything higher than 355.

Did i get a dud mobo or is there any settings that in the bios that will help this?

oh btw rig is

Asus P5K
E2140
7600gt
2GB OCZ S.O.E

Well, dropping to 6 is certainly the way to find the wall, but have you upped the Vcore and/or NB voltage as well? I highly doubt even a dud P5K would clock so low.

It could be the CPU FSB wall. Mine is at 480 on the x3210. What are others getting w/ your CPU?

Play w/ the NB, FSB, VTT, etc. voltages and see if you can get the FSB higher while keeping your multi at 6.

Another thing to check is you Ram setting are you using a divider ? you might be pushing your ram to far . put it on 1:1 and see how that goes

well i am pretty sure its the mobo being a dud, so i am returning it and switch to gigabyte p35-ds3p. If its not the mobo i will still be happy with the switch as i like gigabyte better.

i have a feeling it wasn't the board, but keep us posted. :)

have you explored all other options of altering ram dividers/timings, and altering your CPU multi? sometimes it's not even the ram, nor the cpu, nor the mobo's wall, but just a ram divider that the board dislikes.

Back