• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q6600 storm ---> GTX/Fuzion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

What kind of performance gain should I be looking at if I went with a GTX or fuzion.

--pak

well looks like jab tech is out of GTX's so Ill pick up a fuzion. Minimal performance differences right? Lol I know, dead horse.

Well I been seeing much about bowed blocks. Do I want one? Is there something else I need to purchase to get a bowed block?

--pak

The GTX is shipped bowed. I think the fuzion is as well. Yes, it is worthwhile.

Will there be a new revision of the storm that is more suited for quad core????

Well if I am not mistaken Swiftech is the one who was distributing Storms in the end and that same company is now doing the GTX. I guess it would be silly to have two different blocks do the same thing and compete with each other?

The storm did great in its time and still does well if you have an un lidded CPU.

--pak

Really, 10° on a quad? Thats pretty crazy. Any benchmarks? I'd like to bookmark them for the next time this question comes up.

Really, 10° on a quad? Thats pretty crazy. Any benchmarks? I'd like to bookmark them for the next time this question comes up.
Yeah maybe more, my testing is all done on a 6600 so I have no data on a quad. I can say that the difference would be greater on a quad due to the storms small cooling patch. Here are my results thus far on the 6600. Each plot is a different mount.

Attachments

• nikhsub-block-test.jpg
    nikhsub-block-test.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 312
Well my Fuzion should be in by tuesday at the latest. I will post results asap.

--pak

doh! tried to buy them and they are not available!

Anyone know anywhere else to get these?

--pak

From a few posts at XS, it seems that the first batch of nozzles didn't pass QC at D-Tek. A new batch is expected this week. Not sure if the information is legit, but I'm anxiously awaiting these.

damn, my block should be in today and was hoping to get it all together by the end of the week.

How exactly does the nozzle perform better? Is it just flow? Because I have a d5 and can just turnt he flow down.

--pak

I dont know how the quad nozzle will perform, but the 4.5 MM nozzle which i tested performs great as you can see by the chart. It works by accelerating the flow into the block creating an impingement effect. The nozzle(s) will hurt flow rate some but with the 4.5 mm nozzle pressure drop is still better than the Swiftech GTX.

I dont know how the quad nozzle will perform, but the 4.5 MM nozzle which i tested performs great as you can see by the chart. It works by accelerating the flow into the block creating an impingement effect. The nozzle(s) will hurt flow rate some but with the 4.5 mm nozzle pressure drop is still better than the Swiftech GTX.

Hmmm that sounds similar to the storms design.

Any suggestions on a home made nozzle?

--pak

At 1.4vcore I top off right around 63c after about 10min in p95.4 on that setting that says max heat. That is quite a bit from 1.35vcore getting as high as 75c. I have only had it on for a few hours so I am hoping the as5 gets me a bit more.

--pak

Back