• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermochill PA 120.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want to spend the money it would not hurt. Although I would just use an 120 fan mounted on the exterior and standoffs.

Not sure what your asking, but you should use that duct on that rad. Reason is there is no plenum space on that model of rad. The fans don’t blow straight down but at a cone shape angle. You need the space between the fan and rad to collect the air so it is pushed evenly through the rad to increase efficiency.
I know mounting a rad on the case is handy and looks good, but you are ether going to suck hot air from the case through the rad decreasing efficiency, or blow hot air from the rad into the case heating up the case, depending on fan direction. Ether way is not as good as putting legs on the rad and sitting it next to the comp. Also have fans blow into the rad and use filters to keep the dust out.

This is only pic of rad i have, but you can get the idea

IMG_0096.JPG

Reason is there is no plenum space on that model of rad. The fans don’t blow straight down but at a cone shape angle.

There's a 10mm plenum on the PA Series rads... adding shroud increases to 50mm total (40mm shroud + 10mm already built in to rad construction)

Back