• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICH8R + Realtek lan = Quad GT woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunlance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO after much fuss and tinkering I've discovered that Raid 0 arrays on my quad gt do not like my realtek lan adapter. Anytime it is enabled, vista will fail to install.

Before bashing vista, this also happens in xp as soon as I try to isntall the lan adapter.

If I disable the lan adapter in bios, then all is well in Microsoft operating lan. Onces it is enabled everythign is broken.

The issue that is caused, is that it somehow interferes with my raid 0 and causes and hdd to fall out of the array.

I've searched around and some people have had this problem on the asus p5b board and they recieved a new firmware to solve the issue(for the realtek lan that is).

Has anyone else run into any of this before? Anyone know a fix for it?

I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun to fix it. Different ram configs, nothing oc'ed, everything oc'ed. DIfferent hdds, RMA'd 3 hdds, problem exists with new hdds. As long as its a raid 0, everything goes wonky. If the hdds are in ide mode then all is well again.

Specs:
Q6600
Quad GT bios (tried them ALL, currently on 16)
4x1 gb crucial Ballistixs( tried EVERY possible combination of 1 2 3 and 4 gb configs)(tried all voltages too)
X1900xt
ST75F psu tried a corsair hx520 as well.
Everything is water cooled except or my hdds, ram, and southbridge. Ram has a 120mm fan directly in front of them, ram has the OCZ memory cooler attached, and the sb has a thermalright hr-05 on it.

Any ideas guys?

Aside from the new firmware you mentioned or driver fixes I'd simply use the onboard or buy an Intel adapter that has complete OS support.

Back