• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P35 Board needed - any recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nonstop

Registered
Hi all,

I think I need to get a board that has better cooling for the mb. I know I can do some myself but was interested in a p35 mb anyway. I currently have a p5b-e that's getting rma.

Can anyone recommend a good no hassle overclocker? I have read lots of threads but there seem to be many that are being picky with ram and whatnot while the bios vs are still young.

Are my eyes deceiving me or am I reading that Abit may have the midline board of choice this round of chipsets?

Looking for something around the 150.00 or so range.

Thanks in advance.

If you want better cooling, then you need to spend some money on cooling fans and improve case airflow for a start. Things dont just cool on their own just cause it has a shiny heatsink on it.

All P5K boards are good OC's. Just have to be patient. It wont OC it self.

If you want better cooling, then you need to spend some money on cooling fans and improve case airflow for a start. Things dont just cool on their own just cause it has a shiny heatsink on it.

All P5K boards are good OC's. Just have to be patient. It wont OC it self.

I have great airflow, 3 120x38 fans that produce around 90cfm a piece + the arctic cooler and have been overclocking since the 300a.

If you think someone may have missed something, ask, don't assume and then make smart assed statements.

Thanks.

Just because you have 3 fancy fans, doesnt mean you have good cooling. Its all about proper set up. Having your MB running at 45c tells me that your cooling set up is a mess.

I
If you think someone may have missed something, ask, don't assume and then make smart assed statements.

That made no sense at all. What are you referring to? Who what why?

UglyChild, please don't reply to this thread anymore. I'm looking for help and you are just not helping at all.

Thank you.

Do you have a budget? If not, I have been reading pretty good stuff about DFI green monster on other forums.

If you wanna spend less, the P5k prem is very popular.

And if you wanna spend even less than that, I recommend the P5k vanilla and volt mod the hell out of it.

--pak

Sorry, didn't see this price in the OP. But for that price, you might want to look into this one. DS3R
--pak

Thanks all, great recommendations. Did a similar thread at XS and what came up most was the abit ip35 pro and the bloodiron.

Wonderingsoul, I don't know if you are friends with uglychild or not but he is very accusatory and his posts are of no help. Talked to many other people that were much nicer about how they responded. That's why I asked him to not reply.

I didn't think he said anything wrong. Let's not start getting personal here. You can always just ignore certain posts.

The Abit IP35 series and the Asus P5K series are the best overclockers at the moment. Can't go wrong with either.

P5k vanilla for a budget build, P5KE/ deluxe for more money, and Asus Blitz special formula for a total money throwing fest. ( or a blitz extreme with drr3 mortgage per stick memory). The Deluxe or E would be the one to go for.

Lots of air flow doesnt a cool computer make. Blocking the airflow with cables would lessen the coooling, so chaning the setup, ie 10 mins with cable ties, as uglychild was sugesting, would be better than offending people with inflammatory comments. Just ignore Uglychild if you dont like what hes saying.
( or if hes too ugly j/k)

The way that particular motherboard mounts in that case with an 8800, leaves essentially no venting or airflow for anything beneath the card leading a pretty large area for heat to buildup. Find a way to get air out of there and you may not even need a new board.

I didn't think he said anything wrong. Let's not start getting personal here. You can always just ignore certain posts.

The Abit IP35 series and the Asus P5K series are the best overclockers at the moment. Can't go wrong with either.

batboy is this a good mobo for ocing with a q6600 or q6700.
Thanks in advance.

The way that particular motherboard mounts in that case with an 8800, leaves essentially no venting or airflow for anything beneath the card leading a pretty large area for heat to buildup. Find a way to get air out of there and you may not even need a new board.

"that particular mb"? Which one is that?

I have the Abit IP35 Pro. Excelent board. OCed to 450 MHz in a matter of a day. I highly recommend it. Great price too.

Back