• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change in temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karnal

How much warmer is the air that passes through the rad then amient temperature on an average?

That is a weird question, but I would guess it would depend on where the air is coming from.

--pak

Let me clarify a bit. After the air passes through the rad will it still be cool enough to be directed through the case for added cooling capabilities, or should I direct this air outside the case.

oh! Again, going to vary on how much heat you are putting into your loop. I have mine blowing in effectively making my rad fans also my intake fans.

If this concerns you, IMO it is much better to put fresh air into the rad to cool w/e you are cooling than to draw warmer air from your PC into your rad. I really don't think the air coming from your rad is warm enough to worry the rest of your components.

--pak

Ok, i think we are on the same page. I am going to be pulling fresh air through the rad and then letting it flow into the case. Thanks for the input.

I went ahead and measure the air difference.

Ambient 28.2c

Temp of probe directly behind the exhaust side of my rad. 28.7

.5c

You also have to consider that the probe on the inside is going to be getting some heat from the components in the case.

--pak

Back