• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few questions on ASUS PK53 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

Hi guys

been doing lots of reading.. can't seem to get a hold on the following:

1) SLI - it's not SLI ready, but it has two PCIx16 slots.. umm.. does this mean it's possible to do an SLI setup on the board some other way?

2) DDR3 - DDR2 - i had the impression that this board was FUTURE PROOF because of it's DDR3 support, but also supported DDR2 800 Modules... am i wrong?

Please enlighten me.

No SLI. But, you can use Moded drivers, there is only 1 or 2 in the existence, very old drivers as well, if they still exist.

2nd PCI-E SLot is only x4.

DDR3 only.

You need to do more reading dude.

hi mate thanks for the info.. yeah i have done a bit of homework.. but i got a bit confused in the middle of things..

Im sure it was a typo, but its a p5k3.

If you want a ddr2/3 board, you can get a p5kc which is what I have. Pretty much a p5k with ddr3 support and buggy bios. I am happy with it after I did my volt mod, but if I had to do it again, I would have got another board.

--pak

Best Motherboard??

Im sure it was a typo, but its a p5k3.

If you want a ddr2/3 board, you can get a p5kc which is what I have. Pretty much a p5k with ddr3 support and buggy bios. I am happy with it after I did my volt mod, but if I had to do it again, I would have got another board.
--pak

Which board would you choose?

P5K#

I have this board it only supports DDR3, and as for SLI its set up to run crossfire but you run one nvidia board but not have the luxury of setting it up for SLI.

Back