• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI P35 vs Asus P5K E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epilon

Just wondering. Switching my 680i with a p35 board. DFI has the whole insanely high oc appeal to it, which isn't my top priority over the ability to make the thing work. The Asus is always recommended. Just wanted your opinions.
Thanks.

Asus P5K vanilla has the +1 form me.
Abit does good boards as well, but IMO, gigabyte dont seem as good. Never used the boards at all, but a couple of bad reviews kinda linger in the mind, completly irrationally.
Asus's P5K deluxes and others have a useful biult in wifi which helps a bit.

I think I might go with the P5k Premium
Although whats this Black pearl edition? I didn't find it on new egg so I'm not sure exactly what the deal with it is.

Maybe it comes with a free black pearl? or the black pearl ship ala POTC? I think it might be a cherry picked and tweaked version of the Deluxe though im not sure

Maybe it comes with a free black pearl? or the black pearl ship ala POTC? I think it might be a cherry picked and tweaked version of the Deluxe though im not sure

Asus P5K Premium IS the Black Pearl Edition, it is kind of a revised version of the Deluxe. It has some improved voltage regulation, excellent board and NO vdroop with the cpu voltage damper option in BIOS.

I have only owned DFI boards and they have all been stable and overclocked like champs. I recently just got the DFI P35 Blood Iron Infinity series board for my Xeon X3210 G0 and I'm currently overclocked the 3.0GHz with stock volts and everything and it's solid as a rock.
I recommend it to anyone.

Back