• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35C DS3R - Unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Stock settings on everything, RAID enabled, Audio Disabled. That's all I changed in BIOS.

Problem: SuperPi 32M will not pass. I run 2 instances and one core always fails within 10-15 sec or so.

Watercooled
e6400 w/Storm
x1800xt 512mb w/MCW-60
3x320 perps in raid0+5 matrix
X-Fi Fatality
OCZ 600W PSU

I've tried raising voltages, loosening timings, raising ram voltages, running single channel with one stick... nothing will fix my problem.

I was using Crucial Ballistix 2gb Tracer 8000s - both dual channel and then one stick at a time.

I then opened a brand new pack of OCZ Plat Rev2 2GB... tried diff voltages/timings on that too.

It must be the board, no?

Could be the CPU or (less probable) PSU, too.
Thought about PSU, but really???
Everything was stable before I changed my motherboard. I put this mobo in within the past couple weeks. Before I had an Abit QuadGT and ran 3.6ghz stable at 1.445v, and ram at 900mhz 4-4-4-12 2.2v, or 1150mhz 5-5-5-15.

Bios up to date?
Mobo is new, but I don't see how that could affect stability... though I will probably check that out.

Maybe your chip isn't the greatest at clocking?

It was completely fine in my Abit QuadGT a few weeks ago.

Everything is stock? It not OC'd?

--pak

i would try a cmos reset pull the battery and put the jumper on 2 n 3 for 10 or 15 mins see if that helps start over
Rich

it's all stock fellas. not a single OC.

not only that, but i've tried running 800mhz rated ram at 667mhz... even gave extra voltage to ram and ran it lower than spec.

and right now i'm running the chip on stock volts at 266x6 1600mhz, and STILL superpi 32m fails when i do two instances at same time... it fails within 15 sec or so.

do you think it's just a glitch with superpi? the system doesn't seem unstable and i can game without any crashes.

is it just b/c i'm running superpi 2 instances at same time? i mean... i've been able to do that b4 on this same setup except on the Abit QuadGT, and did it all the time with my old s939 rig.

Have you tried testing stability of the RAM by itself with Memtest86+? remember the P35C has a reference RAM voltage of 2.0V because of the DDR3 hybrid.

Have you tried testing stability of the RAM by itself with Memtest86+? remember the P35C has a reference RAM voltage of 2.0V because of the DDR3 hybrid.

No, but I just did superpi 32m one at a time on each core (while other core was running cpu burn in), and both cores passed.

i guess i just can't run two instances of superpi 32m at the same time... but i still don't understand why.

P.S. Is there a superpi out yet that can run two cores at the same time??

running 32m and cpu burn on separate cores passed on both cores... at my normal OC that i had on my abit quadGT:
3600mhz 1.45v
900mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v

no clue what's up with 2 instances of spi 32m failing.

g0dm@n, are you renaming the second instance of super pi to something different than the original copy.

If you have two executables running at the same time one will fail, and the other will continue to run or pass..depends on if your actually stable.

This is a simple mistake I have made before :0

lol you're doing dual 32m wrong.

each instance needs its own folder or it won't run.

lol

it's the 1st time i had them both in the same folder... no wonder why it always worked b4. had i known, i wouldn't have wasted all this time!!

thanks for comin through guys!!! (gautam and watts)

I am just curious. I am new to super PI. I actually ran it for the first time tonight after reading this post. What is the point of running 2 instance of super pi 32m? Is this a form a stability test?

And I got 13.8 1m, is that good?

--pak

ahhh....didn't even know we had that here on the forum. I will do some super PI runs when I get my cooling fixed next week.

I guess #49 aint bad.

--pak

Back