• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Varnel

Registered
Working on building a near-silent S775 system, which I am planning on water-cooling. Will be the first time I've water-cooled a PC since my K6-2 days. The setup I had then was very location dependant, as the radiator/reservoir/pump were all located about 3' below the pc in the basement--below the floor the pc sat on. This type of a setup will not be possible in the apartment I am living in now.

I have most of the starting parts for the wc system figured out already. FuZion cpu block, Swiftech MCP655 pump, and two Swiftech MCR320-QP's (purchased, awaiting shipment delivery) cooled by 6 Yate Loon 120mm fans (seem to have a loyal following at SPCR's forums).

Fitting 2x Tripple 120mm radiators into a pc's case is a daunting challenge. If required I may save one of them and convert my Opty 165 over to water instead of using both in the same system. I'd really like to fit them both as I am still toying with the ideal of adding a wc'd SLI gfx setup.

One of the ideas that crossed my mind was to use this:
Prometeia_Silver_Lian-Li_Aluminum_Kit_for_Mach_Cooler_Unit

Having the two tripple rads mounted in the sides of that lower enclosure (and of course, ordering a matching Lian Li case to sit on top). $200 for this add-on enclosure seems a bit high IMO. The Lian Li modular cube would probably be a cheaper option then that add on box + case. I have found a few places that still sell that.

Looking for recommendations on other cases that could do the job. I may just decide to build an external enclosure to house the radiators outside the pc.

Thanks

A U2-UFO should be able to hold them both.

http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-c-21.html?osCsid=ehbk3e1mao2vmh2jf5pb4ph2b7

That is a lot of rad for one setup...

Interesting. I like the dual system versions of that set. I could have the planned power hungry PC wc'd, and have an air cooled (mobile core) desktop sitting right next to it--in the same case. Its bigger then I would have liked, but I suppose the potential of housing two systems... what can be expected? Plus the cable routing/management options are very very interesting.

Once this build is complete I will have 3 desktops sitting at my desk (and I have a laptop too), so I have already been looking at getting a 4 port KVM switch.

I will study the available options for that case tomorrow. I sold off a lot of woodworking tools before my last move, and some of the other ideas I have would require re-purchasing new ones to implement any external housing ideas.

Back