• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will p965 support penryn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the vrm update is actaully going to take place for SOCKET B (1366 pin) which is next gen. there is no vrm update for 45nm cpu's. i was one that thought we would need one but i was wrong. all 965board no matter who makes them will run penryn, they just need to update the bios. asus was the first to say hey our boards support 45nm,penryn cpus.

ahhh thats good news. Maybe my p5kc wasn't such a bad choices after all. But it will probably be like an ASrock board as far as performance goes once DDR3 is affordable and 45nm hit the shelves.

--pak

I think 45nm will be out very soon , prob very soon AMD just realeasded their new chip (not that you can find it any where yet) they will want to sqawsh any good movments amd starts to make . I have been holding off getting a q6600 for one . DD3 still seams a long way off for me .

Back