• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Mosfet Repair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Anyone ever replace the TOP most mosfets on the P5W DH Deluxe? If so, how did that go? I keep breaking ****! :bang head

Last edited by a moderator:
2 were pulled off by a heatsink that had a little too much super glue. :)

2 were pulled off by a heatsink that had a little too much super glue. :)

Do you think warranty and repair will buy "I dunno, these black things just fell off..." ?

Maybe you can find a dead board on ebay or on OCF, or order the mosfets from an electronics store. Should be a simple soldering fix as long as the board is not damaged though.

You might find the board will become unstable.

Try see how much Asus would charge to fix it for you

Try a high end stereo shop, a local shop had to replace two monster 50,000 farad caps in my Onkyo M-508.

The guy was very good with soldering on small pcbs he did a nice job.

Or cellphone mod shop if you have any in the area, most of the times they have a hot air solder that can fix that mosfet easily.

Rural area here. Most shops here are afraid to work on anything more complicated than a light switch.

Tyranos, you might want to PM Super Nade and see if he can fix this for you. I know that he does do cap replacements and other stuff on boards. He's kind of busy right now so he might not be able to get to it right away, but I bet he can fix your board. And there is merit in asking Asus how much they would charge to repair your board too, if S_N can't do it.

Tyranos, you might want to PM Super Nade and see if he can fix this for you. I know that he does do cap replacements and other stuff on boards. He's kind of busy right now so he might not be able to get to it right away, but I bet he can fix your board. And there is merit in asking Asus how much they would charge to repair your board too, if S_N can't do it.

I thought he is inactive and won't reply to pm's at the moment?

anyway, best of luck to ya! let us know how it goes!

It wouldn't hurt to try and see if he will answer. He will probably at least log in and check what's happening periodically I would guess. The worst that could happen would be no answer.

Back