• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with T-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firebat45

Okay, I've been struggling with this and it's frustrating the heck out of me. I'm trying to set up a watercooling system, but no matter what I try and do, I can't get rid of the air. I'm using a T-line, a DDC, a BIP 2x120, and a Maze 3 (woo oldschool).

My loops is as follows:

DDC outlet ---> Maze 3 ---> BIP ---> T-line ---> DDC inlet

The BIP is vertical, fittings at the top, and the T-Line is at the highest point of the system. The DDC and Maze 3 are at the lowest point. If it makes a difference, I'm using 1/2 OD, 3/8 ID tubing.

The main problem is that it seems to be pumping the water through at such high velocity that the bubbles have no time to escape up the T, and just recirculate. Around every 3-5 seconds, I can see a tiny bubble or two (not even a 10th of a drop of water, barely visible) go floating up the T-Line. At this rate it will take days to bleed. Am I missing something or do I have my loop set up wrong? It can't be good to put all this air through the pump...

Either run it for a long time or use a Y-splitter (or whatever they're called) instead of a T-splitter. I'm not positive this will help, but I'm pretty sure it will help a little bit with a high-velocity system.

It is not unusual for it to take days for a t-line to bleed. However, that little bit of air in the system won't hurt anything or make much of a difference. As was mentioned, it helps if you can use a 3/8" x 1/2" x 3/8" T for your t-line to slow down the water a bit.

Back