• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC Build (linked pictures, 56k ok)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkirby

So after some research and lots of advice from the ocforums, ive finally decided to WC the rig in my sig. It currently is caseless on top of a laptop box, topped with an ifx-14. I cant leave the door open in my room because my cats would be all over my comp, so its time to case it up and WC it. Ive always been envious of the rigs ive seen on the ocforms and over at XS, but time and money have never been around, untill now. Im going with a Black and red/orange color theme.

So this weekend I ordered the following:

Swiftech APOGEE GTX ( W/ Copper top)
Swiftech MCP655
Swiftech MCW60
Thermochill Pa 120.3
Thermochill 1/2 OD, g3/8 Barbs
10' Tygon
MM UFO Black
Saitek Eclipse (Red LED) (my zboard, which i loved, decided to die somehow)

I already have the following:

Core 2 Duo E6600
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Team Xtreem PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-10
XFX GeForce 8600 GT (upgrading this in the near future)
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad SLI
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA 2
Pioneer DVR-112D Black DVD-RW
HR-05 and the SLI version (might use my extra slient X copper NB cooler)

Im going to need:

UV dye (red or orange)
Distilled water
Additives ( im not sure on what additives to use yet, there is no aluminium in my loop)

Pics to come when parts arrive.

Pump, Tygon, Tline And keyboard arived today, the big stuff ( apogee, thermochill rad, UFO) are on back order.

EK res, pt nuke, uv dye, and some fittings came today, still waiting on the good stuff/

pictures!!!

alright, ill grab some tonight, though im still missing all the good stuff;). On another note, I bought a 360 and halo 3 this week, its PWN. 4 player CO-OP is fun as hell with friends.

Can't wait for pictures.

Also on another side note, halo is fun coop, not so fun alone :p

Hi mkirby, I'm using the same MB as yours & found that the NB temp is always above 60C. Tested and confirmed that the heat source is actually from ICH7R. Please verify. Now that I've WC the SB with Swiftech MCW30 but the result is OK but still around 50C. My CPU idle @ 37C and 100% load with prime 95 @ 59C. Both the CPU & WB were lapped and polished.

Current rig:
Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz|MCW6002|DangerDen Dual rail Blackice1X120mm Rad with push-pull PWM fan|MCRES-MICRO reservoir|10' 1/2" Masterkleer|AsusP5WDH|Crucial Tracer 2GB PC5700|AsusX1950PRO|4XSeagate250GB 7200rpm 16M Sata2 @ RAID 0|Asus DVD1814 Sata DVDRW|BENQ DVDRW1640|Enermax FMA2 535W PSU|Coolermaster Mystic 631 Casing|XP Pro SP2|

Hi mkirby, I'm using the same MB as yours & found that the NB temp is always above 60C. Tested and confirmed that the heat source is actually from ICH7R. Please verify. Now that I've WC the SB with Swiftech MCW30 but the result is OK but still around 50C. My CPU idle @ 37C and 100% load with prime 95 @ 59C. Both the CPU & WB were lapped and polished.

Current rig:
Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz|MCW6002|DangerDen Dual rail Blackice1X120mm Rad with push-pull PWM fan|MCRES-MICRO reservoir|10' 1/2" Masterkleer|AsusP5WDH|Crucial Tracer 2GB PC5700|AsusX1950PRO|4XSeagate250GB 7200rpm 16M Sata2 @ RAID 0|Asus DVD1814 Sata DVDRW|BENQ DVDRW1640|Enermax FMA2 535W PSU|Coolermaster Mystic 631 Casing|XP Pro SP2|

what voltage are you using through the NB? and you say the NB is giving you heat problems, and yet you W/C the south bridge, or is that a typo? either way, both my NB and SB are nice and cool with HR-05s w/ lots of airflow over them.

and sorry about pic delay. full time student with a full time job, dosnt leave time for much. Pics tonight or tomorrow.

thank you jabtech, my copper GTX top just arrived, im about to go to my geography lab, pics after work tonight.

Just got a shipping notification from NCIX, Apogee GTX and thermochill 1/2in g3/8 barbs shipped. Still on back order MM UFO, Thermochill 120.3 rad and mcw60 block. Looking like this build can get started soon!

Just to let you know, you might want to hold off on that MM case. In a few weeks their cases will be modular. You can pick and choose, mix and match any 6 panels you want.

--pak

Just to let you know, you might want to hold off on that MM case. In a few weeks their cases will be modular. You can pick and choose, mix and match any 6 panels you want.

--pak

i got the on that i wanted, and besides NCIX is a reseller and probably wont be getting all the different panels. And i cant order from the states now anyway, customs is going to rape me seeing where the canadian dollar is right now/

mcw60 just showed up, now im only waiting on the thermochill rad and my case, should have this build started by next weekend.

omg my thermochill rad and MM coase FINALLY CAME IN TODAY!!! build starting this weekend, need to find out how to clean the rad first.

Back