• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suck or blow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woppy1

is it better to suck or blow through a rad at the min i have 2 fans blowing through but have two more which i can put on

Why not create a shroud with one fan sucking and one blowing? The main advantage here is the doubling of the fans' pressure through the rad so there isn't as much of a CFM dropoff due to the airflow resistance created by the rad.

--Illah

there isnt a significant difference just so long as you have a shroud and you are pulling the coolest air possible through the rad

I don't see what rad you have, but typically push vs pull makes almost no difference. And having fans on both sides of your rad also makes no noticeable difference over fans on just one side. (I am figuring you have a dual rad here).

Fans on both sides can be helpful when you are using a really thick heatercore, but with rads, they aren't thick enough to net any benefit.

Back