• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vdroop, why why why what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

|||||||||EDIT: thanks to those in this thread, http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=528408, I have definitely had a new mobo come to me, the Asus P5K-E/WiFi-AP. Its only a little more expensice than the P5K, it has a ICH9R!!_<^>|, maybe better power reg?, WI-Fi (could be useful), dual LAN?, whatever||||||||||

some BIOS settings seem to apply to it. Some Bios updates seem to try to fix it.

Some companies have problems with it. Some models in the same company seem to have OR have not problems with it, depending on the model.

Asus has "CPU Voltage Damping" BIOS setting, or whatever, incl the P35 P5K.

Asus p5K Premium is supposed to have better voltage regulation, which may apply to it.

The $150 Gigabyte P35-DS3R has it, and dual boot issues.

I haven't heard any complaints about it on the $150 P5K, but it has the CPU Voltage Damping or whatever BIOS setting.

Some have talked about the Vdrop mod or something. One asked how much .1-.3V, and onelse answered .1V.

Q>
Is this a problem(s) people would be asking help for, posting a question and listing symptoms, and not knowing what they have. Does it affect anything other than itself - like RAID0 or subsonic OC'ing?

Q>
What the heck is it? Is it related to the dual boot, and will proper design fix the dual boot. or can you have both? Is it about the C2D dual core cpu I'll be getting soon (E6750)? Is it gonna affect my Crucial Ballistix 2*1GB 6400s from OC'ing my E6750 to subsonic levels?

Q>
Do I need to consider it when I buy a mobo for my E6750, and can I do myself a solid in spending more money on my mobo so as to avoid it? I want to steer clear of/avoid it, dual boot, SATA RAID, and any OC'ing issues.

Last edited:
Back