• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

loop additives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkirby

My loop will be all copper. Will i be ok using some PT_nuke, distilled water and some UV dye. If not, what else should i use?

That is perfectly fine. 5-10% pentosin antifreeze is another frequently used additive just to help ph buffer the water a bit and for a few other reasons, but it is not an absolute must have. I use red toyota dealer antifreeze (its pentosin) at about 10% as it adds color to the water also.

is it also ok to get WC coolant from like Thermaltake or other companies ? What are the prices there ? It's not that expensive here that I'd care for a custom mix.

is it also ok to get WC coolant from like Thermaltake or other companies ? What are the prices there ? It's not that expensive here that I'd care for a custom mix.
Do not use thermaltake's watercooling anything. Just use distilled water a little antifreeze, it is way cheaper and you can make TONS.

i bought 2 d-tek UV dyes and pt nuke for $20, and distilled water is cheap, and only drops from the dye and nuke are needed. VS $30 for 500CC TT fluid

Back