• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases Ideal for WC rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Ok, lets see a list of cases that you think are ideal for a water cooling setup. My sidewinder case makes things real cramped. Eventually, I'd like to go SLI and water cool the second card as well, but with my current case there just isn't enough room. So, from your experience, what case(s) is ideal for a water cooling rig, cooling the cpu, gpu x2, 3x130rad, res (no T line),pump, etc. no northbridge/southbridge cooling.

cm stacker stc-t01,or just about any of the stacker series.the stc-t01 has a bit more room to bottom mount.so thats my personal preference.
hehe surfrider beat me to it :D

Antec 900, built in hose grommets.

A lot of cases have pre drilled holes. You can easily drill them in almost any case yourself anyway. Antec 900 is too cramped inside to be ideal.

I like the Stacker and the TJ07.

Silverstone SJ07
Lian Li PC201B

Newegg has an "OEM" (generic?) version of that Lian Li, it appears to me. There may be some differences of which I am not currently aware. I was originally looking at this case for my current project, but wanted something with more room.

Tagan Aplus Black Pearl Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

In case that interested you, might save a few bucks.

I just asked this question a couple of days ago, and was pointed towards the mountain mods UFO series of cases (there is a Lian Li cube case that is somewhat similar, and still available in places). That's the way I'm going to go, but I'll be waiting until the next batch of production is complete to get exactly what I want. If I'm going to spend that much on a case, I want it to be exactly how I want it.

If you want to mount a 120x3 radiator(MCR320 but not P120.3) thermaltake armor is the best since it has 3 hard drive bays next to PSU and can remove bay from front to make room :)

u2ufo is great if you dont want to mod (comes with holes precut for a thermochill 120.3, also has room for a 120.2 in the back and there are versions with room for 2 120.3's). The only problems are they are big and expensive. Coolermasters new galaxy case looks like its got a very easy install for a 120.2 and only a little work for a 120.3, also if someone made a 140.2 it should work with the case.

i say look at the Lain-Li A10(b) case, already has cut out for tubing on the top of the case. it imo looks like one of the best pre-set case for a wcing. there are others out there that are cheaper but the layout for where the rad would go imo works better on the A10 case.

Silverstone tj-09 it a great case to do some wc ...

oui097.jpg

^whats that fan thing on the back of your computer? is that another radiator??? or what?

looks like a heater core with some angled barbs.... from what i can tell the dual 120 rad inside is cooling the cpu, then water is cooled in the heater core for the GPU.

with how that case is layout i think a T-line would have been better. would have used less tubing at the same time.

A lot of cases have pre drilled holes. You can easily drill them in almost any case yourself anyway. Antec 900 is too cramped inside to be ideal.

I like the Stacker and the TJ07.

I would agree that water cooling with the Antec 900 makes it very cramped but I have enough space for all my parts and IMO the Antec 900 is a great mid-tower case for watercooling and it has great airflow so that cools your motherboard really well

Im in the process of putting together my water cooling rig in a Antec 900 and im wishing that I would have went with a full tower. Its hard to work around an 8800gtx in that tight of an area. I was also forced to mount my 120.3 rad outside, not that I care but some people might.

Back