• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FYI - Abit IP35-E + artic freezer 7 - dont fit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

just an fyi incase anyone bought a Abit ip35-e and has a artic freezer 7, it does not fit, it pushes the northbirdge headsink so contact isnt made :(

i had my AF 7 from an intel board and i just found this out, so going to try to mode little to make it fit

so anyone else, dont buy a freezer 7 for your abit ip35-e unless to want to cut things.

What CPU do you plan to put in your board?

Just curious, I'm having a bit of a wall at 3.96 (440 x 9) with my E6850

i just have a e4400 right now, but a 6600 i plan to pop in eventually :) my ram didnt show up so i cant even boot (it wont work with ram below 667) so i coulnt even test it :(

yea, I have a somewhat similar problem with my IP35-E and Infinity.

if your going to mod something, gonna need to leave the NB HS alone, it gets hot enough as it is. :p

^^^ likely what i will do.

i havent had fun with a rig for a while, and the results people are getting with C2D chips, i am gettig that overclocking urge again :) so will likely change up that NB heatsink, thought maybe water, but dont know if i want the hassle again and my case has no room for the parts :(

Back