• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which motherboard .. i need something new asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ok i currently have an evga 680i board with my quadcore but i need to get another board .. i was considering getting a P5K premium .. currently 228$ at zzf which i was gonna buy now .. is there anything else i should look at ? im running a q6600 .. i dont need to break any speed records .. i just want something stable that i can run until the x38 boards start coming out

If this is only to get you by for a month or two and if you don't need 2 PCI-E slots, then you might take a look at the Abit IP35 and save some bucks.

If this is only to get you by for a month or two and if you don't need 2 PCI-E slots, then you might take a look at the Abit IP35 and save some bucks.

yea im not running SLi maybe down the road but this is just to hold me over until x38

and which abit IP35 ?? pro ?? or is there only one ?

also i found the asus p5k-e is cheaper than the ip35

I ended up buying an Asus P5K premium .. should be here in a day or 2 .. hopefully it will treat my q6600 well .. not a g0 though but still does around 3.3

Nothing wrong with the P5K Premium. It's a good overclocker. I was just trying to save you some bucks. To answer your question, there are 3 motherboards in the IP35 series: the IP35-E, IP35, and IP35 Pro. The IP35 (plain) was the one I suggested and it is about $90 cheaper than the one you got. The E version is the lower end model with no RAID and the Pro is the high end version with all the bells and whistles.

im with BB, i love my IP35-pro, if you dont need the extra's look at the IP35 or IP35-E models. there is a new bios that fixes the double boot issue with the IP35/IP35-E boards.

i ended up getting the asus .. i might end up keeping it until ddr3 prices drop to a reasonable rate then ill switch to x38 and ddr3 ..

also does anyone know how the onboard sound is on the asus board ?? i was thinking of dumping off my creative x-fi fatality card

im with BB, i love my IP35-pro, if you dont need the extra's look at the IP35 or IP35-E models. there is a new bios that fixes the double boot issue with the IP35/IP35-E boards.

Not me, worst bios ever. Actual not, bed just not functional. Somewhat large vdroop. Overclocking with quad was a nightmare on ip35 pro. I think in 3 days I cleared cmos more times than I cleared cmos on all boards combine in 2 years.

Last edited:
Back