• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brainstorming for the h20 kegputer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattODoom

Okay guys. I've been a lurker here for a long time. Well the problem is, I just have a laptop and havent gotten my arse around to building a desktop to get back into the overclocking.

So here's my plan. I'm getting a half barrel keg, and making the college kids ultimate case, the keg-puter. One of my requirements is liquid cooling on the CPU VGA and possibly NB. I'd like to get some sort of water additive that makes it brownish and run some hoses outside the kegputer to make it look like beer.

Any cool ideas how to accomplish this? For a while I thought of bong cooling. It would be the "beer bong" for the kegputer.

Your thoughts?

Lots of iodine might make the water brown

btw i saw a vid not log ago where some guys used beer in the loop =)

Lots of iodine might make the water brown

btw i saw a vid not log ago where some guys used beer in the loop =)

Haha, amazing. I bet that would get nasty fast.... all kinds of mold growing in there. I think I'll stick to colored water!

Somehow I'd like to run some hose outside the keg for the flowing beer efect. Was thinking an external radiator disguised as something or, the beer bong. I dont like the thought of constantly refilling the bong though. Maybe a beer mug reservoir?

A beer mug would be an amazing idea. One thought is a submersible pump, like the kind used in aquariums. Drop that inside the keg (assuming the keg is the resevoir?).

A beer mug would be an amazing idea. One thought is a submersible pump, like the kind used in aquariums. Drop that inside the keg (assuming the keg is the resevoir?).

The keg is the computer case. It's the amazing Keg-puter. All that will be at the desk is the LCD, and next to it will sit the keg. Haha. I think it'll get some looks and laughs!

Back