• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3 Owners... for your safety!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm a bit confused... are they saying the DS3 is a specific motherboard? Or are all variants of it affected? So are DS3R or DS3L's affected?
"At one time, the GA-P35-DS3 was available at U.S. and European merchants, but today it is only available at Australian e-tailers. "

And I don't think it's talking about radiation that makes you concerned with your health...unless your kid plays with the motherboard all the time I'm pretty sure it's not a worry... pretty sensationalist title in that article too...Wake up America, your motherboard may be interfering with your wireless mouse?

http://www.dailytech.com/Wake+Up+America+Whos+Watching+out+for+EMI/article9052.htm

Radiation has been found, just thought owners might want to know and consider either placing computer in safe place or switch mobo's all together.. especially people who have kids around.

I think you're taking the fear mongering just a little too far (the article was bad enough). We're not talking about a nuclear meltdown here. The EMI is just a little out of bounds, potentially interfering with nearby electronics more than is recommended by the FCC.

Lol, GTengineer... The whole topic is over-hyped in that article. That and its media... :rolleyes:

As one of the comments on the page says, the only way you would actually see if affecting ANYTHING is if you put a FM radio up to it. Even then, its only going to cause a small amount of static...

Radiation has been found.

Electromagnetic Interference, EIM, is NOT the carcinogenic "Chernobyl Radiation" or Radioactive Decay. You might as well say keep your kids away from the lightbulb, it's emitting electromagnetic radiation! Or don't let your kids drink tap water it's got hydrogen hydroxide in it!

Typical brand-rivaly tomfoolery if you ask me.

Last edited:
Back