• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new Wcing idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonlazer

After finding a leak of a o-ring on MCW60..i decided to take whole system apart and im thinking of forgetting the video card blocks all together **I dont overclock**...im thinking i might just put stock back on with AS5 which should help it run cooler...and give the Q6600 all the of watercooling muscle! Oh and change stock chipset heatsink to the swiftech cooler.

Uhh.. you could probably do that no problem, but why not watercool the vid cards if you already have the blocks? If it's a barb leak, tightening it can fix it, or loosening (if you overtightened and the o-ring fell out of place) and retightening. If the o-ring is broken, you can always get a new one.

I'd personally leave the vid cards in the loop and the NB out of the loop.

Well before..i never really had video card temp problems...i would save blocks for when i got a 8800gtx...the thing is the video card kills the darn airflow lol i have to put two elbos and such and connectors and crap...i think it would be better without them

oh and chipset cooler is air cooler not wc block

Oh, my bad on the chipset.

I guess if you're gonna save for blocks on the 8800GTX it sounds like a good idea.

With WC though, you don't need as much airflow (it's just completely wrong to say you don't need any). So long as you have some air running over the card's, and the FETs if you're OC'ing your processor, you'll be fine.

Back