• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking gigabyte DQ6 & Quad Core QC6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imperium

Registered
Hi,

Ive recently purchased the gigabyte 965p-dq6 and a quad core qc6600 with 4gb of pc5400 ram (corsair).

my idle temps are around 25c and under full load (all cores at 100% @ 2.4ghz) its about 38c.

are these temps low for this processor?

Also what would be the best way to overclock this board and processor as i have control over everything in the bios, when i press ctrl + f1.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wellcome to OcF ! :welcome:

Post your Coretemp screen shot & take a smart guess on your room temp.

Thanks for the welcome, here is the screeny:

idle temp.jpg

the red 26 is cpu temp, 32 is system, the 4 next to cpu temp are the cores.

Ive checked in the bios to and it is the same.

it hits 38~40c rendering a scene in maya for 50 mins.

cheers.

Well, I'm not that familiar with Everest, really sorry ! :(

But, if you can download Coretemp and try run it, it will show you the "relative" CPU temperature to maximum temperature allowed by Intel.

For example, if your cpu is showing onload at 50 degrees celcius until max . tjunction, then you still have 50 degrees headroom which is "a lot".

Try it like this HERE and repost here. ;)

Ok, let take the hottest core among those 4 which is 40 degrees, that means you still have 60 degrees more to maximum temperature allowed by Intel which is still alot of leeway to go ! :D

As long you're under 80 degrees or 20 degrees until max tjunction, then your cpu temp is safe and don't worry too much about it ! :)

thanks for the info:)

is tjuncton the temp it throttles at or the temp it shuts the system down at?

I am using a tuniq tower cpu cooler btw, fan speed is 2000rpm.

Case is a thermaltake kandalf

Cheers.

That max tjunction is the temp level that the CPU will start to throttle down to cool the cpu, not shutting down.

Back