• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOA 680i mobo? Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
I just installed the T1 series mobo with an E6850 CPU.

I swapped out the 7900GTX with a PCI video card still nothing.

I swapped out the CPU with a Conroe-L 2.0Ghz, still nothing.

The LED Display, just shows two dashes, no numbers.

I swapped out the RAM, still nothing.

Is it DOA?

Flash bios to newest version?

I believe the older version bios's dont support the Exx50 cpus.

EDIT: you tryed it with a celeron also...

I'm not sure... Maybe DOA...

Just got off the phone with EVGA tech supprort... Its DOA alright...

DASH - DASH on the mobo indicated bad mobo.

CRAP-O-LA!!!

when you get a the new one, if you do, swap out the thermal grease on the chipsets. I've heard it causes the C1 error. here is what i found under my board and now my temps are board 31*C and MCP 41*C. i changed it before i could see what it was stock, but the users manual shows these temps, board 51*C and MCP 45*C.

This is more commonly known as "double dash of death." Call the manufacturer and they will replace it at new cost to you, at least thats what EVGA does but I believe that they all replcae boards seeing as it is a manufactures defect.

I'm not happy with the RAID performance. Looks like I'm going to RMA/ return it for an Intel P35P board.

Be careful of any raid performce based on the mb. Usually raid 01 or 1 are fine, but I have read in numerous places that raid 5 is best run off a dedicated comtroller. If you want raid 5 the p35 is unlikely to solve the problem.

Be careful of any raid performce based on the mb. Usually raid 01 or 1 are fine, but I have read in numerous places that raid 5 is best run off a dedicated comtroller. If you want raid 5 the p35 is unlikely to solve the problem.

I tested 4 x 250 gig drives in RAID 0 on an ICH7R south bridge and it freakin blew Nvidia away...

Back