• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever use AN fittings and stainless line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattODoom

Is it even possible to make a watercooling loop that uses AN fittings with stainless braided lines?

Just wondering...

Is it even possible to make a watercooling loop that uses AN fittings with stainless braided lines?

Just wondering...
Yes, I'm sure it's been done. but those fittings are generally for high pressure applications where flow restriction is not an issue. I'm sure ans AN 1/2" fitting won't flow as much as fittings that are specific for water cooling.

Attachments

• DD High Flow barb.jpg
    DD High Flow barb.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 102
Yes, I'm sure it's been done. but those fittings are generally for high pressure applications where flow restriction is not an issue. I'm sure ans AN 1/2" fitting won't flow as much as fittings that are specific for water cooling.

Yeah you're probably right. Just thought that it would look amazingly good. But this is coming from a car guy.

EDIT: What if you used something like 1/2" NPT to AN -10 Fittings. These have approximately the same inside dia.

Last edited:
You still should not run into a restrict problem with g14mm thread and 1/2npt. It is smaller. I am a car guy too :)

You still should not run into a restrict problem with g14mm thread and 1/2npt. It is smaller. I am a car guy too :)

As an aside, saw your sig there. I run a snow performance methanol injection setup on the turbo GTA. Works wonders. Chemical intercooling ftw.

Yea, i just stumbled across this place and it got me thinking about maybe rigging up something on of my boxes sitting around. I have fun making stuff up.

Back