• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

curious about water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DevilsOwn

Disabled
I been looking into making my own setup up for alittle bit. I Sell Water Injection kits for forced inductions cars and trucks so i have pumps hoses etc laying around. Well what i was curious about is every water block radiator is going to have a certain gph thur-put so that its capable of transfering heet. Fluid goes thru to quick it does not get exchanged and hot water goes back. To slow and your loosing capacity.

Its seems as people just run out and get the biggest pump possible. Or bearable by noise :) But has anyone tried using pmw to slow a pump down and tune the output for optimum heat transfer. Maybe I am just making things harder for myself. Using pwm could also be used to slow the pump down during idle etc when full cooling is not needed. Anyone else play around with this?

Well if you think about it, if the fluid is going faster through the radiator it doesnt spend as much time in there each shot, but it goes through more often. Ay?

Yea, i see where you come to that concussion. When there is a greater temp differnce, you can transfer thermal energy quicker between the two medians. This is why there are differnt types of heat exchanger flows include parallel flow, counter flow, and cross flow. Different types can be used to speed or slow down the fluid thru the core.

I played around with this quite abit on my water to air IC. I was able to decrease my Iat almost 10 deg with optimizing my pump to my setup.

Back