• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump, I need a pump!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
So this time my water pump really died, I think for good. I got my C2D up to 85C . (pic in the folding section)

There was a website way back when that had aquarium/pond pumps and all. They had semi decent prices. I'm looking to get something just like my Hydor L30, and spend only around $30. Anyone still have this website? I'm just looking for another AC pump that does around 336gph at 0' head.

Thanks

The two places I've bought them from...reasonably.

Just a caution, don't settle for the cheapest. Quality pays you back.

http://www.marinedepot.com/
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

Man what happened to water pumps? The prices are high now. When I bought my Hydor L30, I paid $20 used for it, as part fo a bunch of stuff I bought..but at the time there were a few websites that had the Hydor pump for $30...

I'd say find a Danner Mag 3 (GREAT ac pump, my personal fav AC wise, $47), at marinedepot.com. On the cheep, I'd say the AquaVia 1800 ($25) or AquaVia 2300 ($28) at drsfostersmith.com. I've used the AquaVia 1800 as a bench pump and just installed one in a friend's computer, and it's not bad at all for the price. I used the Mag 3 in my chiller where I REALLY needed the head capability (almost 11ft) to push the long hoses to and from the computer.

Last edited:
I'd say find a Danner Mag 3 (GREAT ac pump, my personal fav AC wise, $47), at marinedepot.com. On the cheep, I'd say the AquaVia 1800 ($25) or AquaVia 2300 ($28) at drsfostersmith.com. I've used the AquaVia 1800 as a bench pump and just installed one in a friend's computer, and it's not bad at all for the price. I used the Mag 3 in my chiller where I REALLY needed the head capability (almost 9ft) to push the long hoses to and from the computer.

I think I'll go with the via 2300. Only $3 more than the Via 1800 and its 110 more gph, plus another 1' on the head.

Well, issue with the 2300 is it puts twice as much heat into your loop. If you have a nice big over kill radiator, go for it. If you are on a singe 120mm, get the 1800.

Oh, and I can verify that the 1800 will shoot water over my head from the floor of the tub with a 3/8" hose barb on it, so it's not that shabby pressure wise.

Well, issue with the 2300 is it puts twice as much heat into your loop. If you have a nice big over kill radiator, go for it. If you are on a singe 120mm, get the 1800.

Oh, and I can verify that the 1800 will shoot water over my head from the floor of the tub with a 3/8" hose barb on it, so it's not that shabby pressure wise.

Well I have a Swiftech MCR320-QP-K (3x120mm) radiator. With 3 yate loon 45cmf fans. Only thing on my loop is my C2D with an Apogee water block.

I need 1/2" barb as I use the 7/16" tubing. What do you think is the better of the two pumps to cool my systems.

Well, in that case there probably wont be much difference ether way. If you want to have the option of adding more blocks later then the 2300 is the one to get, if you want slightly quieter and 0.1c lower due to lower heat into the loop then the 1800.

On ether, go to Lows and grab some plastic 1/2" ntp to 1/2" barb fittings ($1 each) and some teflon tape (also $1) to put the barbs on it. So, even if you get the $27 pump and $3 worth of fittings you are still under $30.

Man what happened to water pumps? The prices are high now. When I bought my Hydor L30, I paid $20 used for it, as part fo a bunch of stuff I bought..but at the time there were a few websites that had the Hydor pump for $30...

Yea, no freakin kidding:eek:

Back